Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Log files for Errors, Audit & Tracing on Oracle AS 10g (Oracle Applicationer Server 10g - 10.1.2.0.2)
Log files for Errors, Audit & Tracing on Oracle AS 10g [message #316477] Fri, 25 April 2008 05:22
shahmayur
Hiya

Our Forms 10g application is undergoing Load Performance Testing at the moment. We have installed Oracle Application Server Infrastructure 10g, Oracle Application Server 10g Forms Services and Reports Services on the middle tier.

While the Load Performance Testing tool QALoad performs its job, we are very keen to see what goes behind the Application Server side. We want to collect as much information as possible.

Through the documentation, I have found one log file, which is generated in $$Oracle_Home\j2ee\OC4J_BI_Forms\application-deployments\formsapp\OC4J_BI_Forms_default_island_1 folder and its name is application.log

There is another place where I have seen that we could generate the log file, which is formsweb.cfg. In formsweb.cfg file, there is a parameter called otherparams where we could generate the log file by specifying file name such as

otherparams= log=my_error_log.log

If the above syntax is correct, will it generate the log file my_error_log.log ?

Like the above two cases, please can anyone tell me whether there are any other way where we could generate the error logs, audit logs and tracing that will help us when any errors are generated or with the performance tuning's point of view to fine tune the application server ?

Cheers

Mayur
Previous Topic: Need to create interface through web services
Next Topic: Edit file source code After Deploy war file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:15:14 CDT 2024