Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Unable to exit forms session deployed through application server10G R2 (Oracle Application Server 10g R2, Windows 2003)
Unable to exit forms session deployed through application server10G R2 [message #326991] Fri, 13 June 2008 05:38 Go to next message
sammydude
Hi all,

I'm having an issue where I'm unable to exit the forms session.

1) Installed Oracle Application Server 10g R2 on Windows 2003
2) Upgraded custom forms from 6i to 10g
3) Created a forms configuration for the custom forms
4) Deployed forms.
5) Accessed the main startup form from the server / client machine
Browser : Internet Explorer 7.0
Sun JRE : Java Plug-in 1.5.0_14
6) Form works fine, but when Action => Exit or Forms window is closed, it
hangs. Have to close form session by going to task manager and clicking end
task.

No issues are there whatsoever with test.fmx and a sample form created with EMP table.

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the Java plugin, upgraded forms or with the application server settings.

Pls help !!

Regards,
Sam
Re: Unable to exit forms session deployed through application server10G R2 [message #344281 is a reply to message #326991] Fri, 29 August 2008 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin84
Hi Sam,

Did you manage to get around this problem? If so, how did you go about it? I'm having the same issue and can't find a solution.

Thanks,
Robin
Re: Unable to exit forms session deployed through application server10G R2 [message #348228 is a reply to message #344281] Tue, 16 September 2008 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammydude
Hi Robin,

There was a Hide_Window command in the code used to hide the root window. I commented that line of code and I was able to exit the form without any problems.

Pls check and let me know if issue persists.

Regards,
Sam
Re: Unable to exit forms session deployed through application server10G R2 [message #348246 is a reply to message #348228] Tue, 16 September 2008 03:47 Go to previous message
Robin84
Hi Sam

I got round this problem by creating a small window in my start form that acts as a root window and is not closable until all other forms are closed.

On the 6i version we did not have a visible window open and this worked fine but on upgrade to 10g it caused alot of frm-92100 app crash problems. Even though the srart form already had a window it was hidden after a timer expired, therefore a hidden window does not do the trick in this case.

I also had similar issues with 10g forms coming out of query mode back into normal mode (which worked fine) but when immediately closed again crashed with frm-92100. However - when back into normal mode - if I changed the window property, i.e. minimise or maximise or resized, and then closed the window there was no errors and the window closes gracefully. Therefore I minimise the window then exit_form and this gets round the app crashing. Perhaps this is a bug who knows.

I hope this helps others who are in the same situation.
Robin

[Updated on: Tue, 16 September 2008 03:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Help regarding the "FRM-40010 cannot read fmx file" error
Next Topic: portal user can not connect to remote database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:36:29 CDT 2024