Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Printer Tray control from Develper 6 (11i, Develper 6i)
Printer Tray control from Develper 6 [message #327650] Tue, 17 June 2008 02:38 Go to next message
annu-agi

hi experts

I have Hp 4 tray printer (for different paper size) and i made 1 report which print invoices in contineous form . My problem is i want to print every invoice first page on letterhead paper and the rest of papers from from tray 2 and the summary from tray 3.
These all are different paper sizes and textures .. my question is how can i control this knd of activity? is there any possibility ??.
What i am thinking is this can be possible if i use printer codes to instruct printer for this behavoiur .

Any suggustions and any idea woudl be more benificual to me ..

regards

anwer
Re: Printer Tray control from Develper 6 [message #327665 is a reply to message #327650] Tue, 17 June 2008 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is how we did it: we have created a parameter which was used to choose a printer document was to be printed on. Parameter name was "tiskaljka".

This is how the report looks like:
-----------------------------------
! This part is to be printed      !
! on one kind of a paper which    !
! is in one of printer trays      !
! This part prints on a different !
! kind of a paper, and it is in   !
! another printer tray            !

Now, select "upper" repeating frame and modify its FORMAT TRIGGER to
  if :tiskaljka = 'HP2100' then
     srw.set_printer_tray('tray 2');
  elsif :tiskaljka = 'KYOCERA_9500' then
     srw.set_printer_tray('plain');
  elsif :tiskaljka = 'PDF' then
  	  null;
  end if;

"Lower" repeating frame's format trigger was
  if :tiskaljka = 'HP2100' then
     srw.set_printer_tray('tray 1');
  elsif :tiskaljka = 'KYOCERA_9500' then
     srw.set_printer_tray('color');
  elsif :tiskaljka = 'PDF' then
     null;
  end if;

The most important part of the whole story is srw.set_printer_tray('tray 2'); statement as you'll have to properly identify tray name. It can be found by viewing printer's properties (if you use MS Windows), either directly (for HP2100 which was connected locally), or via web browser (by connecting to printer's homepage) for a network printer.

I believe that you can even name these trays as you wish (for some kinds of printers); HP2100 has predefined "tray 1" and "tray 2", while we used "plain" and "color" paper type for Kyocera.

I hope you got the general idea.

Re: Printer Tray control from Develper 6 [message #327690 is a reply to message #327665] Tue, 17 June 2008 04:22 Go to previous message
annu-agi

Thank you ...
i got an idea .. and will try to do it with my specification ..

Regards

Anwer
Previous Topic: order of rows
Next Topic: Queries in data model of report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 21:51:52 CDT 2024