Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report printing in dot matrix printer from pdf file (Oracle 10 G)
Report printing in dot matrix printer from pdf file [message #328664] Sat, 21 June 2008 06:22 Go to next message
somnathgiri

when I am going to print a pre printed format invoice report from pdf in dot matrix printer,printing is very slow as compared to printing the same report from report previewer.Is there any font related problem,I have used the arial narrow font for the report.one more problem is there,if i print continuously more than two pages,printing format is not proper from the second page.
Re: Report printing in dot matrix printer from pdf file [message #328750 is a reply to message #328664] Sun, 22 June 2008 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A PDF file printed on a dot matrix printer is printed as if it was an image. Try it; print any image on the same printer - it will be as slow as PDF file.

Workaround? Don't print it as a PDF file! If you can, print it in character mode. As far as I know, it is the only way to get the result printed relatively fast (on a dot matrix printer).
Re: Report printing in dot matrix printer from pdf file [message #328801 is a reply to message #328750] Sun, 22 June 2008 22:26 Go to previous message
somnathgiri

thanks , can u tell me how to change a default report to character mode report.Only changing the mode from default to charcter can change the mode of report?
Previous Topic: How to fill the specified color
Next Topic: Printing pdf output to dot matrix printer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:11:14 CDT 2024