Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » discoverer 10g admin and desktop login issue (discoverer 10g)
discoverer 10g admin and desktop login issue [message #330749] Tue, 01 July 2008 02:09 Go to next message
arunpradeep007
I installed the discoverer 10g admin and desktop but i couldnot login as im getting the error failed to connect to database.couldnot connect to applications: invalid username/password.
i checked the tns names and have the dbc secure file also and updated the patch to 10.1.2.0.2
I have even put the correct Gateway User id(GWYUID) APPLSYSPUB/PUB
Foundation Name APPS
checked the oracle application box and selected connect to both standard and application eul option

i even tried sysadmin/sysadmin@ hoststring login also

i could login to plus and viewer and i know its on the server side and could login to toad using apps/ apps login.

i did the same things in my previous workplace and it worked and im getting this issue on my new workplace

we are using R12 ebusiness suite and i could login to that with same user name and password

do i need to check the dbc file?

Could someone help me on this? its urgent am i missing something.
Re: discoverer 10g admin and desktop login issue [message #330871 is a reply to message #330749] Tue, 01 July 2008 10:11 Go to previous message
skooman
Did you follow doc 373634.1 on Metalink?
Previous Topic: UTL_HTTP.Request()
Next Topic: Master Detail report problem (data link)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:24:16 CDT 2024