Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Formatting problem in matrix group by report (Report Builder 6.0.8.14.2, Windows XP)
Formatting problem in matrix group by report [message #335931] Thu, 24 July 2008 03:26 Go to next message
sriramkgg
Hi,

I am trying to create a Group By Matrix Report. I have two groups. Both groups have same number of matrix columns, say 6. The maximum number of cells possible for a row in the report is 2. Now when I run the report the only the first group gets printed on the FIRST PAGE. The report horizontally goes to the SECOND PAGE and in the SECOND PAGE the first group ends. The second group then starts in the SECOND PAGE below the first group and horizontally extends to the THIRD PAGE, where it moves to the top occupying the same position occupied by the first group in the FIRST and SECOND pages.

I am wondering why the second group started only in the SECOND PAGE and not in the FIRST PAGE even when 3/4th of the first page was empty.

Can someone please explain to me why it is formatted like this

Thanks
Ram

[EDITED by LF: fixed a typo in topic's title (was "Formattin")]

[Updated on: Thu, 24 July 2008 04:54] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Formattin problem in matrix group by report [message #335960 is a reply to message #335931] Thu, 24 July 2008 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you use Reports Wizard? If not, you might try to let it do the job.
Also, check report objects' (frames, fields) Horizontal Elasticity properties; if they are set to "fixed", change it to "variable" and see what happens.
Re: Formattin problem in matrix group by report [message #336005 is a reply to message #335960] Thu, 24 July 2008 06:49 Go to previous message
sriramkgg
Thank you Littlefoot

I used the report wizard. But I dont think its got anything to do with the Horizontal Elasticity Properties. Anyways I checked that. And its all Exapnd or Variable.

When I changed the No of Horizontal Panels per Page from 1 to a larger number I got the desired result, namely the groups coming one below the other in the first page itself. But I cant change that dynamically. But assuming I use a large value for No of Horizontal Panels per Page(no dynamic change needed if at all I can do that) and use BLANKPAGES = NO, I beleive this should work. But I am still trying to set the BLANKPAGES = NO property. So far its thumbs down.

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks and regards
Ram
Previous Topic: date to quarter help
Next Topic: Number Conversion Fails in Excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:25:46 CDT 2024