Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Analytic functions in custom calculated measures
Analytic functions in custom calculated measures [message #339097] Wed, 06 August 2008 14:16
cnjiaan
Hi,

I'm currently using OWB 10gR2. I know that there are various templates to create calculated measures. However, I need to do manipulation on measures created as such. I know that I can enter my own expression by choosing the custom expression radio button as supposed to the standard expression button. But, I don't know how to enter the analytical function so that it will generate results like (cumulative total over history - moving total for the past 30 days). I've tried the following expressions there but none of them provided me anything (in the data view I don't even see the custom measure anywhere).

1. SUM("INVENTORY"."REC_AMOUNT") OVER HIERARCHY (CALENDAR_STANDARD BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT MEMBER)
2. SUM("INVENTORY"."REC_AMOUNT") OVER (PARTITION BY PRODUCT<what should I put here?> ORDER BY TIME<and here?> RANGE BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT MEMBER)

I suspect the 2nd query would work but I don't know where to place parameters in the partition by and the order by clauses. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quite urgent.

Thanks,

GH
Previous Topic: What is Load Failure strategy in OWB
Next Topic: runtime repository error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:21:41 CDT 2024