Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to customize APXINRIR.rdf Oracle Report to produce pipe-delimited format (Report Builder 6i)
How to customize APXINRIR.rdf Oracle Report to produce pipe-delimited format [message #340419] Tue, 12 August 2008 14:11 Go to next message
yeshua2000
I need to produce pipe-delimited format of the standard Oracle Report APXINRIR.rdf The concurrent program name is Invoice Register.

I need to customize the report so the user can put the output into Excel using a concurrent program, not the report builder File/Generate to File/Delimited functionality. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Re: How to customize APXINRIR.rdf Oracle Report to produce pipe-delimited format [message #352843 is a reply to message #340419] Thu, 09 October 2008 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andy_dy
HI Chris,
Did to get any solution for that.
I too have same problem.
If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Andy
Re: How to customize APXINRIR.rdf Oracle Report to produce pipe-delimited format [message #352996 is a reply to message #352843] Fri, 10 October 2008 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeshua2000
Yes, I did find a solution. Razz
I made a SQL*Plus report from the main query(select) of the standard report. Then, I selected from the base tables in the views instead of using the views.

I would give you the code, but I no longer work there and am currently looking for a job.

If you need some help, let me know. I am bored w/o a job and need to maintain some practice.

To choose a delimiter for a SQL*Plus report do
SET COLSEP <column separator>
For a pipe delimiter this is the command: set colsep '|'

http://www.psoug.org/reference/sqlplus.html

Thanks,
Chris
Re: How to customize APXINRIR.rdf Oracle Report to produce pipe-delimited format [message #524933 is a reply to message #352996] Tue, 27 September 2011 09:54 Go to previous message
nutan_bomburey
Hi Chris,

Can you please forward the code to my ID nutan_bomburey@yahoo.co.in.

I have the similar requirement to customize the .rdf output to CSV format.

Thanks!!
Previous Topic: Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time.
Next Topic: Matrix report to excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:22:56 CDT 2024