Home » Server Options » Replication » Advanced Replication, Oracle Streams what is best option (Oracle 10G, Windows)
Advanced Replication, Oracle Streams what is best option [message #342134] Thu, 21 August 2008 08:09 Go to next message
Jolande
I need some advice about what option is best for the company I work for, Advanced Replication or Oracle Stream or perhaps something I have not thought of.

I've got two databases, one production database on the production server and one web-database on a web-server. Both have Oracle 10G installed.
At this time I keep the web-based database up to date by weekly importing an export from the production database. Because we use demo-data that is not available in the production database, we have to add this data by hand after each full import. This is time consuming and so I'm looking for an alternative.
I have some requirements the solution has to meet. First of all, the transaction from the production database to the web database should be initiated from the production database, so it has to be a push-meganism, never a pull.
Second it must be possible to insert the demo-data into the web-database and the demo-data should remain there and not be removed by the replicationprogram. The added data won't be replicated to the productiondata. No other inserts/updates/deletes will be made to the web-database data.

What would you recommend me? What would be the best solution for this problem?

Thank you for any tip!

[Updated on: Thu, 21 August 2008 08:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Advanced Replication, Oracle Streams what is best option [message #342439 is a reply to message #342134] Fri, 22 August 2008 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

ASAIK Advanced Replication is the best way for you.

http://babudba.blogspot.com/2007/10/advanced-replication.html

Babu

[Updated on: Fri, 22 August 2008 06:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Advanced Replication, Oracle Streams what is best option [message #342572 is a reply to message #342134] Fri, 22 August 2008 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma_rabii
Thank you guys
I have chosen async multimaster advance replication and I didn't use any materialized view site.Because the client want to see the updated data as soon as possible in all sites.
I do also want to assign the interval parameter in SCHEDUAL_PUSH to 5 second to somehow simulate sync.
Is it fine?
Re: Advanced Replication, Oracle Streams what is best option [message #344616 is a reply to message #342572] Sun, 31 August 2008 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Sorry for delay response.

Yes it's possible using DBMS_REFRESH.MAKE

Babu
Re: Advanced Replication, Oracle Streams what is best option [message #347173 is a reply to message #342134] Wed, 10 September 2008 23:22 Go to previous message
varunvir
You can also configure table level unidirectional streaming to
serve this purpose.
Regards,
Varun Punj,
Previous Topic: Erro perforing Fast Refresh of Materialized View.
Next Topic: ORA-23388
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:36:58 CDT 2024