|Job opening: Sr. Oracle Database Architect - Tampa, Florida [message #343671]
||Wed, 27 August 2008 15:49
Registered: May 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Global consulting and solutions provider company seeks a Database Architect for it's Consulting Services team. This is a full-time, direct hire position involving travel up to 50% and mostly east of the Missippi. |
This is an excellent opportunity offering competitive salary, excellent benefits, and opportunity for career growth.
10+ years experience building large scale databases in support of distributed OO systems. This includes data modeling, data warehousing, data administration, and database optimizations. Should have knowledge of several object-to-relational mapping strategies along with the performance trade-offs of each. Must also have knowledge of/experience in:
· Strong Oracle Data Base Architect Experience
· Hands on implementation
· Design Databases around Java Applications
· Database replication/synchronization techniques
· High availability systems
· 24 x 7 systems
· performance trade-offs with JDBC driver tiers
· use of tools such as System Architect, ERWIN, LBMS for logical and physical data modeling, reverse engineering
· load balancing with database servers
· database concurrency solutions
· Must have experience in building new systems; databases
· Business Requirements Translation
· DB2 & Oracle
· Create and maintain a data architecture to increase the robustness, performance, and scalability of the entire system.
· Establish coding standards for Java, JDBC, stored procedures, triggers, and logical and physical schema design, and enforce them within the development staff
· Work with system architects to improve existing OLTP model, transaction cost reduction, and increase the overall data throughput
· Tune SQL queries and database performance for OLTP and DSS applications within the development environment
· knowledge of both Object and Relational databases
· design and implementation of fault tolerant systems
· experience with TP-monitors
· Oracle; DB2, SQL, Data warehouse
· Must have Java Application Development Experience
· RAC experience preferred
· 10+ years of experience in development of software products, preferably 5+ years in Internet related technologies.
· Proven strong, innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation skills.
· Expert on DBMS kernels with distinguished achievements on database query optimization
· Proven success in performance optimization for such OLTP and OLAP applications like CRM, ERP, BI or others a plus.
· Proven track record in building and operating highly scalable/performing/24x7 web-enabled database applications
· Strong technical leadership skills with extensive hands on experience.
· Must be a team player, and have excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work
* This position could require up to 50% travel at times
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.