Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc..
Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351263] Tue, 30 September 2008 02:32 Go to next message
supride
Hey Guys, im a newbie in need of help.

Got this blog to create before the end of the week!
Actually its for an assignment.

The requirements are:

A new user can register via an online form where they can enter their email address, username (to be used for logging on) and their full name. If registration is successful, they will be given a password.

Users can login to the blog service using their username and password.

An authenticated user can create a new blog entry or edit and delete their old blog entries. Each blog entry consists of a title and the content. Blogs will be all text.

All users can go to a “Home Page” where all the registered users are listed with their full name. Each user has a link which when click will direct to the page where all their blog postings are listed in chronological order. Clicking on each blog entry will display the blog title and its content, and any comments for that blog entry.

User can make comments on any blog entry. If they are logged in, their comments appear with their full name, otherwise they appear as “Anonymous”. Deleting the blog entry will require the deletion of all the comments associated with that blog.

User can unregister from the blog service. In addition to removing their account, all their blog postings will be deleted (except for comments on other people's blogs).

Maximum size of each blog is 50kB while each comment for a blog is limited to 10kB.

ANY help is appreciated. I have attached the full specs of this assignment, to open it please use MS OFFICE WORD. alternatively change the extension type from .doc to .txt

THANKS heaps
  • Attachment: Specs.txt
    (Size: 457.00KB, Downloaded 2391 times)
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351265 is a reply to message #351263] Tue, 30 September 2008 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Since we won't do your homework for you, you will have to be more specific where you need help.
Tell us what you did so far and where you are stuck.
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351267 is a reply to message #351263] Tue, 30 September 2008 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supride
Dang, i was hoping someone would Embarassed

I havent attempted it yet, will do later on tonight, so questions will come in then Shocked

untill then if someone has done something similar and want to share the code with me that would be superb!! Cool Laughing
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351437 is a reply to message #351263] Tue, 30 September 2008 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supride
How do i start this of?
by creating a database??
conceptually i have all the ideas in my head, dont know how to start if off in Java.
can someone give me pointers to where i should start this off?
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351438 is a reply to message #351263] Tue, 30 September 2008 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supride
Is it easier to do it with JDev or Eclipse?
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351486 is a reply to message #351437] Wed, 01 October 2008 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Do you want/need to do this with ADF? plain JSP?

JDeveloper vs Eclipse is purely a matter of taste and being used to one or the other.
If you know neither, best to pick JDeveloper, it has some nice wizards that can help you.

It looks to me like you have to (re)read your course-material; I don't believe it that your tutor asked you to do this assignment without prior explanation on how to approach such a problem.
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351489 is a reply to message #351486] Wed, 01 October 2008 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supride
JSP.

Do i start of with creating the tables with the help of hibernate?
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #351492 is a reply to message #351263] Wed, 01 October 2008 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supride
thought i might mention something else, our lecturer is hopeless. Whenever we ask him anything,his reply is oh sorry im not a lecturer, i just been asked to lecture Laughing
He is the one that set the assignment.

He does all the demos with eclipse.
unfortunately in the comp labs we use Jdev.

we had an example of an address book put up a couple of weeks back,took us and our tutor about a week to get it to work with Jdev.

im sure this is all is childs play to you guys, but not for me.
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #352311 is a reply to message #351492] Tue, 07 October 2008 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supride
Due already on sunday 5th october.
anyone want to show me sample solution?
Re: Creating Blog with Java Jdeveloper - Ant file, JSP etc.. [message #352333 is a reply to message #352311] Tue, 07 October 2008 03:14 Go to previous message
Frank
Too late now anyway. You might as well put in some effort yourself now.
Previous Topic: SYS.ANYDATA in ORACLE 10g
Next Topic: oracle.jdbc.driver.LogicalConnection error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:48:37 CDT 2024