Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » multiple pdfs from a single 6i report (Forms and Reports 6i, Oracle 10 database)
multiple pdfs from a single 6i report [message #358034] Fri, 07 November 2008 15:55
glennc
I have a mineral deposits database containing 2200 deposits. I have a report that generates a PDF containing all 2200 deposits or I can use the same report with a button press trigger from a form to print a report of the current deposit. This is in Forms and Reports 6i.

The report is built almost entirely in the body section in the Layout Model. The main field is Deposit Number – when it changes, the pagination at the top of the page resets. These two fields appear at the top of every page – so the client doesn’t mix pages from other deposits. There are 14 sections to the report (2 more to be added). Every section is variable length and almost every section contains a clob. Each section uses a count variable and conditional formatting to remove empty sections.

The only part of the report that appears in a margin is the date and the pagination for the entire report at the bottom of the page.

What I would like to be able to do is start a new pdf report each time the deposit number changes - but report doesn't seem to have this ability. Shocked

So, my question is, is there any simple/efficient way of to use report to produce 2200 individual pdf reports?

So far, the only simple way I can think of is to use a windows batch file to call reports for each deposit number - but that seems pretty inefficient and with windows, destined for failure.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. (updating reports 6i is not possible)

glenn

Previous Topic: How to display non database values in report???
Next Topic: Oracle 6i order by parameter from forms to reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 03:35:39 CDT 2024