Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to Create a Variance in Discoverer (Discoverer Version 10.12)
How to Create a Variance in Discoverer [message #358880] Wed, 12 November 2008 16:30
bselwin
I am not a DBA by any means but I use discoverer to pull the necessary financial info for our GL. I have a very simple problem that I have been trying to resolve with our consulting group which has become a huge project.

What I am simply tring to do is get a variance from Our Budget vs. another Forecast or 2nd Forecast. The problem is that the variance formula in Discoverer gives strange or incorrect results. The variance sometimes takes X-Y from the GL # in the current row and then provides the correct variance in that same row. Other times it takes the variance of the value from the first line less the value of the second line and gives that answer in the second row.

So to clarify I need a variance on the current row of values that it is evaluating.

To give you an idea of how our data is laid out see the attached sppreadsheet.

I hope I am clear on what I am looking for.

If anyone has a solution on what the problem could be it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Attachment: untitled.JPG
    (Size: 125.55KB, Downloaded 700 times)
Previous Topic: page break problem in oracle apps
Next Topic: dispalying 2 invoice numbers for one customer in report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 03:41:55 CDT 2024