Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » WebDB Installation
WebDB Installation [message #364974] Fri, 03 March 2000 12:58 Go to next message
Nirmal Singh Arri
I have actually seen, lots of questions people have on
WebDB Installation. I know though that Oracle Tech. Support is the best place to call, but just in case if anybody has any problems installing WebDB, do let me know as i have successfully done this.

Cheers
Re: WebDB Installation [message #364977 is a reply to message #364974] Thu, 06 April 2000 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khammed
greeting,

i install the webdb v2.1 on sun solares / oracle 8i and i have here a lot of question about webdb
listener :-
q1.what are the difference between wdblsnr and lsnrctl command , can i use lsnrctl to start the web listener.
q2.how can i check if webdb listener is up/down can i use lsnrctl status.
Re: WebDB Installation [message #364989 is a reply to message #364974] Mon, 07 August 2000 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suhen
I have installed webdb 2.0.5 on HPUX 11.0
The installation has completed successfully.
I have a problem in starting up the web listener.
The error is
vtec16> wdbstart vtec16 99980 (cmd to start lsn)

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /project/webdb/2.0/src/rdbms/lib/libclntsh.sl.1.0
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory

I have tried to look at Metalink for a solution.
I enable SHLIB_PATH using chatr +s enable $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.sl.1.0
I have also recreated the link for libclntsh.sl after enabling SHLIB_PATH for libclntsh.sl.1.0
I have also
export SHLIB_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/lib
It still does not work.
I am not sure if I need to apply a couple of OS and db patches. But I am not sure which ones to use.

Any ideas ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: WebDB Installation [message #364997 is a reply to message #364974] Tue, 22 August 2000 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sivakumar SG
Hi,

Webdb listener and Oracle listener is entirely different and one cannot be used in the place of other. Webdb listener is used only for your http port( default may be 80) where as oracle listener is for TCP/BEQ connections(default 1521 or 1526).

you can check the weblistener status by typing your webdb home page. if it is giving a port error or the page is not displayed( with correct IP address). then you can say weblistener is not working.

For oracle listener you can check through the lsnrctl status command
Re: WebDB Installation [message #364998 is a reply to message #364974] Tue, 22 August 2000 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sivakumar SG
Hi,

Webdb listener and Oracle listener is entirely different and one cannot be used in the place of other. Webdb listener is used only for your http port( default may be 80) where as oracle listener is for TCP/BEQ connections(default 1521 or 1526).

you can check the weblistener status by typing your webdb home page. if it is giving a port error or the page is not displayed( with correct IP address). then you can say weblistener is not working.

Re: WebDB Installation [message #364999 is a reply to message #364974] Tue, 22 August 2000 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sivakumar SG
Hi,

Re: WebDB Installation [message #365025 is a reply to message #364974] Fri, 17 November 2000 02:30 Go to previous message
Raj Kumar Singh
i have installed the webdb on NT server . oracle database is 7.3.4 and i am able to access the webdb on same machine but i am unable to access the webdb through client machine. "page not found"
error is coming.
please help me
Previous Topic: Unable to install WebDB on Solaris
Next Topic: Client Logon Failed with errorcode:604 (in Oracle Portal 3.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:46:11 CDT 2024