Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » WebDB: Block users by IP?
WebDB: Block users by IP? [message #364991] Thu, 10 August 2000 06:31
Søren Michélsen
I implementing an Internet + Intranet site with 3 types of access:

** Internet (public users)
Public access to the rootfolder ("not logged in"). Public part of WebDB site is accessible for Internet usage.

** Intranet (INTERN user)
I have setup a DAD with username+pwd for common Intranet users.
User INTERN is a special user with "Intranet Common Privs" (and so doesn't require users to login themselves as they are already logged in when using this DAD in the URL.

** Intranet (private users)
Here Intranet users first logout then login using they own name + pwd.
This gives them access to a private folder.

I need to make sure that ALL access from outside the company always happen with WebDB PUBLIC access. Outside users should somehow be presented with the public rootfolder with "not-logged-in" status.

I've been told something like this could be done checking on the IP-address (testing for a valid Intranet IP-subnet). And then simply redirecting people from outside to the default rootfolder.

Preferrably I'd like to have _only_ the default DAD (otherwise anyone guessing the correct DAD for user INTERN would have Intranet access!!!

And then - if the user is NOT logged in AND sits on the Intranet segment he should be automatically logged in as user INTERN+pwd.

All of this should happen without the users knowledge of course :)

Any help, suggestions etc. would be greatly appreciated. I believe this would be a rather common situation so hopefully some of you have a solution (or part of it).

All tips welcome!
Previous Topic: Database Log in Failed when try to connect in WebDB
Next Topic: htp package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:37:58 CDT 2024