Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Simple reports...what to do?
Simple reports...what to do? [message #366820] Mon, 25 September 2000 14:59 Go to next message
Terry
Hello,

I have a couple of users that require some *basic* reports with a couple of calculations and possibly some variable entries. The users all have access to SQL Plus and I suspect that the reports could be handled quite easily in SQL plus (as far as formatting goes)

What would be the best way to present this to them?

Thanks in advance,
Terry
Re: Simple reports...what to do? [message #366828 is a reply to message #366820] Wed, 04 October 2000 15:41 Go to previous message
Mark Kane
If I understand correctly, you're asking how to lead them to the conclusion you want. Tell them that they would have the ability to tweek the reports anytime they want without submitting their requirements to you. Tell them how easy would be for them to maintain the reports themselves. Tell them you'll give them a tax break - kidding, election year humor. Maybe you can hint that their increased skill set would help support a request for a pay raise.

Good luck.
Previous Topic: Reports and PL/SQL Table
Next Topic: Parameter Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:29:11 CDT 2024