Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Oracle vs. SAP
Oracle vs. SAP [message #366914] Tue, 11 January 2000 14:34 Go to next message
Reinhard Schueller
One of my most important customers asked me for information about Oracle DWH vs. SAP BW! Which solution ist "better", where are the strengths and where are the weaknesses?
Was anyone in a simular situation?
Re: Oracle vs. SAP [message #366925 is a reply to message #366914] Thu, 09 March 2000 13:58 Go to previous message
Don Lewis
If your customer has different source systems then
I wouldn't consider any of these systems. If they are SAP or Oracle only that makes sense. But in most organizations the source systems are many different types. Look at Informatica as a possible candidate to perform ETL process from source to target.

I was in the Data Warehousing product business for 4 years before my position here at Fisher. Informatica is a 'Player' and SO MUCH MORE robust then either of these two vendors. Also, if you want to do a NEAR REAL time feed from source to target at look Application Integration Tools like Neon, Crossworlds, TSI and Mercador etc. When transactions happen in your source system you can push to data warehouse or data mart targets.

The ETL paradigm (BATCH) is going away and people want more real time data as it is happening. Depending on the industry.

Oracle and SAP in my opinion are real weak and REAL EXPENSIVE.
Previous Topic: OLAP cubes on the web
Next Topic: Data Warehouse Jobs - NYC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:12:47 CDT 2024