Home » Infrastructure » Unix » listener service not started during startup
listener service not started during startup [message #366979] Sat, 04 March 2000 07:37 Go to next message
Vu
Oracle8i Listener service not automatically started on Sun Solaris during startup. Is it supposed to autostartup or do we need to specify it somewhere? If so, where to specify?

Thanks
Re: listener service not started during startup [message #366986 is a reply to message #366979] Sun, 12 March 2000 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roshan D'Souza
search for executable like
'lsnrctl '

and then you can type 'start' at the listener prompt

LSNRCTL>start (press enter)

if you have a different listener then specify a listener name like

LSNRCTL> start LISTENER2 (press enter)
Re: listener service not started during startup [message #366987 is a reply to message #366979] Mon, 13 March 2000 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vu
how to start a listener automatically, instead of manually start it up from the command line? (like using script)
Re: listener service not started during startup [message #366999 is a reply to message #366979] Thu, 06 April 2000 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barry Sutter
You must create a startup script and put it the Solaris run control directory. I have a script, S95dbstart. It resides in /etc/rc2.d. The script sets the ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME, PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
eg.
ORACLE_BASE=/products/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/8.0.5
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then the script starts LISTENER and the database

eg.
su - oracle -c "dbstart"
su - oracle -c "lsnrctl start"
Re: listener service not started during startup [message #367003 is a reply to message #366979] Tue, 11 April 2000 08:44 Go to previous message
Vu
I am running Oracle8i on Solaris. The database autostarted but the listener failed with :

connected to an idle instance.
ORACLE instance startup

From the message, it seems that the database is not up yet for the listener to listen from. However, the database is started first before the listener as in the script, but, i notice that both the process is running on the background. ( i.e. ... dbstart & )
Previous Topic: How to change the default screen print directory in forms 3.0 ?
Next Topic: No connection with OEM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:32:29 CDT 2024