Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Debugging PL/SQL with JDeveloper (merged)
Debugging PL/SQL with JDeveloper (merged) [message #381572] Sun, 18 January 2009 11:27 Go to next message
paulor
Hello,
My question is how to debug pl/sql database procedures, functions and packages. I set priviliges for my databse user like DEBUG ANY PROCEDURE and DEBUG CONNECT SESSION, moreover I set in init.ora file for database instance parameter plsql_debug=TRUE, but whenever I clicked debug on selected database procedure (in database connections tab) I got message :
Connecting to the database TEST.
Executing PL/SQL: ALTER SESSION SET PLSQL_DEBUG=TRUE
Executing PL/SQL: CALL DBMS_DEBUG_JDWP.CONNECT_TCP( '192.168.42.203', '3986' )
Debugger accepted connection from database on port 3986.
and although I set breakpoint on many lines of code, it never halts. Every help will be appreciated.
Problem with debugging PL/SQL code in JDeveloper [message #381686 is a reply to message #381572] Mon, 19 January 2009 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paulor
Hello,
My question is how to debug pl/sql database procedures, functions and packages. I set priviliges for my databse user like DEBUG ANY PROCEDURE and DEBUG CONNECT SESSION, moreover I set in init.ora file for database instance parameter plsql_debug=TRUE, but whenever I clicked debug on selected database procedure (in database connections tab) I got message :
Connecting to the database TEST.
Executing PL/SQL: ALTER SESSION SET PLSQL_DEBUG=TRUE
Executing PL/SQL: CALL DBMS_DEBUG_JDWP.CONNECT_TCP( '192.168.42.203', '3986' )
Debugger accepted connection from database on port 3986.
and although I set breakpoint on many lines of code, it never halts. Every help will be appreciated.
Re: Problem with debugging PL/SQL code in JDeveloper [message #381688 is a reply to message #381686] Mon, 19 January 2009 04:38 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It is useless to start a new topic for the same question in another forum, it will be automatically moved to the appropriate one.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: getting data out of unconventional XML
Next Topic: Calling an Oracle Form and passing parameters from a jsp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:14:48 CDT 2024