Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Streams configuration without Database links (Oracle 10g, 11g)
Streams configuration without Database links [message #390872] Tue, 10 March 2009 02:30 Go to next message
tamarn
Hello,
We are planning on using Oracle streams for sites which are geographically far apart. I understand that basically Streams configuration demands setting up database links between the source and the target databases. Our fear is that for such separate site the performance will be very bad using DB links. In addition the target site will be configured over a firewall. I saw a document on the web saying that streams can be configured without using DB links. Is this correct?
Thank you
Re: Streams configuration without Database links [message #390877 is a reply to message #390872] Tue, 10 March 2009 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Streams maybe but not Oracle Streams.
You can create your own (out of Oracle) streams.

Regards
Michel
Re: Streams configuration without Database links [message #390881 is a reply to message #390877] Tue, 10 March 2009 03:04 Go to previous message
babuknb

>>Our fear is that for such separate site the performance will be very bad using DB links

Can you explain me details. If you use DB Links how it's comes performance issue??

>>saw a document on the web saying that streams can be configured without using DB links

Which Document??

NO With out database link you can't configure Oracle Streams.

Babu
Previous Topic: Confusion in Bidrirectional Stream replication
Next Topic: catupgrd.sql is failing when trying to upgrade.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:59:08 CDT 2024