Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Performance tuning (Oracle )
Performance tuning [message #393498] Mon, 23 March 2009 02:10 Go to next message
sivakumar.rj
Hello all,

I need to tune a query. This query is taking 2 much long time. If I use RULE hint, the query executes faster. But if the rule is removed, the query is hanging. So please help on this how to rewrite the query.

The query is actually using 5 tables.
Out of 5 tables, one table uses outer join, the other with equal to condition and the others with not equal to condtion, and the other table is using like condition. Help me in solving the query.....
Re: Performance tuning [message #393499 is a reply to message #393498] Mon, 23 March 2009 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Don't you see there is a forum that has EXACTLY the same name as your title? Don't you think it should be better to post your question in it, do you?

You can first read:
- OraFAQ Forum Guide, Performance Tuning section
- Performances Tuning sticky
- OraFAQ Performance Tuning
- Rosco's SQL Tuning Guide

Then provide the requested and usual information.

You can also have a look at Database Performance Tuning Guide.

Regards
Michel
Re: Performance tuning [message #393818 is a reply to message #393498] Tue, 24 March 2009 08:40 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Based on the information provided, the only help I can provide is to recommend that you gather statistics on your tables using DBMS_STATS.

Read the sticky post at the top of the forum, and provide as much of the information as you ca,, and someone will probably try to help.
Previous Topic: Optimizing the query
Next Topic: statspack error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 09:03:31 CDT 2024