Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER (Oracle 11g Rel1 , RHEL AS4)
SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER [message #400125] Sun, 26 April 2009 05:48 Go to next message
rsreddy28
Hi,

I was reading documentation on Oracle 11g where I was a little confused about

1) Database Replay
2) SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER

What I read was both are used to test the efficiency of the database before and after any change and the change may include
database upgrade,migrations , operating system changes and any other database change.

Can somebody clear my confusion this please.
Re: SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER [message #400134 is a reply to message #400125] Sun, 26 April 2009 08:09 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28318/intro.htm#CEGGGAIC

Nothing to get confused.
Just read the first few lines in each topic.
Database Replay as the name implies will capture the workload and replay / recreate the scenario in another database.
SQL Performance analyzer will allow you to induce (and test) changes to the sql/environment in controlled manner without affecting the whole database.
Say, in a live production system, you want to see how changing a certain init parameter( restrictions apply), you can compare
the output/plans/stats before and after the using SQL Performance Analyzer.

In terms of usage, there could be some overlap (and there are many other tools in Oracle that could do the same).
Previous Topic: Query Rewrite Failed After RLS policy applied(QSM-01284)
Next Topic: Hints USE_HASH (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 07:08:42 CDT 2024