Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Migrating database infrastructure / portal from RAC 32 bits to RAC 64 bit (Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2))
icon4.gif  Migrating database infrastructure / portal from RAC 32 bits to RAC 64 bit [message #400672] Wed, 29 April 2009 04:32 Go to next message
ajfernandezt
I have to migrate a RAC 32 bit to RAC 64 bit, use rman for duplicate database, my problem is that I have to migrate a database infrastructure / OAS portal that resides on RAC 32 bit and not is whether rman (duplicate database) can be performed correctly or should i use repCA utility to do so, experience OAS is very minimal, only installation.

Thank you very much in advance
Re: Migrating database infrastructure / portal from RAC 32 bits to RAC 64 bit [message #401081 is a reply to message #400672] Fri, 01 May 2009 08:24 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I am totally confused.
RAC / RMAN deals only with database.
It has nothing to do with Portal/infrastructure.
OAS Infrastructure comes with a very small seed database used to store metadata for OAS components.
Are you talking about that?
There are too much of literature available in Metalink.
Please check. Open an request so the support folks can guide you
with "supported procedures".
For example, there are too many hard coded entries in portal, certain xml files and in metadata.
You need to properly export/import (there are specific scripts oracle has provided for this) this information.
I once tried to hack my way through and learnt very costly lesson.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 May 2009 08:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to run the forms in vista ?
Next Topic: exporting/importing data through oracle application server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:38:13 CDT 2024