Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Oracle Application Server .... and measuring the load .... my stoy : ( (iASR2, 10R2)
Oracle Application Server .... and measuring the load .... my stoy : ( [message #426308] Wed, 14 October 2009 17:28 Go to next message
moody_4u
hi Folks...

in our work we got a new system built using Oracle Forms 10gR2 and using Oracle Database 10gR2, and Running using Oracle Application Server Forms and Reports.

So far so good..

my boss told me that he feel the system is slow and ask me to give him a report about the load on the server, the peak time ... etc so we can order to get new servers or check the code which maybe made the slow...

the point is

how can i get a accurate statistics about everything running on the application server Forms

BTW we have server dell poweredge 2900

the average user sessions is around 100 users

thx in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 14 October 2009 17:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Application Server .... and measuring the load .... my stoy : ( [message #426485 is a reply to message #426308] Thu, 15 October 2009 17:03 Go to previous message
andrew again
If it's Windows, then task manager is useful. Be sure to add the extra columns of interest to see paging activity etc. For *nix, top is useful. For whatever tool you use to monitor, it's pretty useless without an understanding of what you're looking at. cpu usage is the only metric that's easy to understand.

Read YAPP...
http://www.oraperf.com/whitepapers.html
Previous Topic: Client Server for 10g
Next Topic: HTTP Server Ports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:38:37 CDT 2024