Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » SQL statements were not shared due to the usage of literals. This resulted in additional hard parses (oracle 10.2.0.1.0,Redhat Linux 4)
SQL statements were not shared due to the usage of literals. This resulted in additional hard parses [message #429469] Wed, 04 November 2009 01:02 Go to next message
goracle9
SQL statements were not shared due to the usage of literals. This resulted in additional hard parses which were consuming significant database time.

ADDM Finding is

Alternatively, you may set the parameter "cursor_sharing" to "force".
Action Investigate application logic for possible use of bind variables instead of literals.

my cursor_sharing-Exact

could i chage it to "FORCE"

please rerply.
Re: SQL statements were not shared due to the usage of literals. This resulted in additional hard pa [message #429471 is a reply to message #429469] Wed, 04 November 2009 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Better change the application.
Search on Metalink for cursor=force and you will get more than 100 bugs from "wrong results" to "database crash".

Regards
Michel
Re: SQL statements were not shared due to the usage of literals. This resulted in additional hard pa [message #429490 is a reply to message #429469] Wed, 04 November 2009 03:29 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Changing the application is definitely the best solution.

Setting the parameter to 'FORCE' is better than doing nothing, but you will need to test the performance of the system before putting it live.
Previous Topic: performance issue wtith single instance database
Next Topic: Migration from Oracle8i to Oracle 10G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 04:01:02 CDT 2024