Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » jdbc thin client
jdbc thin client [message #436502] Wed, 23 December 2009 19:42 Go to next message
florida
I am connecting to Oracle 9i using JDBC in my JSP/Servlets web pages. I am closing all my connections in Finally blocks. Everything works great during the day with JDBC and Oracle.
But after a Web crawler runs through our web server at 3 AM the next morning a v$session check shows several lines of JDBC Thin Client inactive status. Any way to find exactly what sql statement or program that could be causing the JDBC Thin Client to show up?
Re: jdbc thin client [message #436541 is a reply to message #436502] Thu, 24 December 2009 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If the status is inactive then no SQL is currently running.
You might get the last SQL statement with joining v$session and v$sql or v$sqltext on sql_address, sql_hash_value.
As it is a THIN jdbc client you cannot know which program it was unless this one set it in connection properties.

Regards
Michel
Re: jdbc thin client [message #436639 is a reply to message #436541] Thu, 24 December 2009 18:53 Go to previous message
florida
Thanks, your post really helped me alot. I got the sql statements from joining v$session and v$sqltext.
Previous Topic: Excel to Ora tool
Next Topic: php with Oracle BFILE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:20:43 CDT 2024