Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. (Report Builder 11.1.1.3.0 )
Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. [message #460760] Mon, 14 June 2010 07:22 Go to next message
ranamirfan

Dear All,

I m using Report Builder 11.1.1.3.0.
How Can I change the report direction at run time ?
(exmple the report columns start from right or start from left at run time).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Irfan
Re: Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. [message #463890 is a reply to message #460760] Mon, 05 July 2010 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Can't find out any solution.

Still waiting for replay.

Regards,

Irfan
Re: Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. [message #463907 is a reply to message #463890] Mon, 05 July 2010 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you can't do that.

Though, you might create two layouts: one that would display fields from left to right, and another one that'd display them from right to left. Create a parameter which would be used to choose one of the layouts and use it in outmost frame's format trigger (it would then return TRUE or FALSE, depending on which one you are displaying).
Re: Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. [message #463909 is a reply to message #463907] Mon, 05 July 2010 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Hi Littlefoot.

Thank you very much for your reply.

regards,

Irfan
Re: Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. [message #524732 is a reply to message #463909] Mon, 26 September 2011 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Quote:

As far as I can tell, you can't do that.
Though, you might create two layouts: one that would display fields from left to right, and another one that'd display them from right to left. Create a parameter which would be used to choose one of the layouts and use it in outmost frame's format trigger.

I created two layouts one for Arabic & second for English.
Same procedure which you define above.

Please See attached snapshot.

/forum/fa/9418/0/

After setting fields direction Left-to-Right / Right-to-Left Numaric data show in Report Builder correctly for Arabic & English format.

But - when I run this report in webBrowser they did not change his direction Right-to-Left for Arabic .

Please suggest me.

Regards,
Irfan

Re: Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. [message #524812 is a reply to message #524732] Tue, 27 September 2011 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Hi Littlefoot.

Do you have any Idea regarding this problem.

Regards,
Irfan
Re: Report Direction Left-To-Right / Right-To-Lift at run time. [message #524814 is a reply to message #524812] Tue, 27 September 2011 01:17 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, no idea. I don't have any experience regarding Right-to-Left development.

Though, if the reports works OK in Builder but fails to do so when ran on the web, maybe it is about Application Server settings? Does this (Font Issues with Right-to-Left Languages) mean anything to you?
Previous Topic: Report On vendor rating
Next Topic: How to customize APXINRIR.rdf Oracle Report to produce pipe-delimited format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:56:29 CDT 2024