Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Which application (software, utility) do I choose for report? (Windows platform, Oracle 9,10,11)
Which application (software, utility) do I choose for report? [message #468107] Wed, 28 July 2010 22:24 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Dear all!

For a long time, I've work as stupid man to copy/paste, note and realize one by one array from Statspack, AWR in Excel. Example:

/forum/fa/8105/0/

Now, I'm tired to capture one-by-part image, and realize.

I've not seen any application or utility to make this work easier to me.

May you help me?

Thank you!
  • Attachment: rac01_1.JPG
    (Size: 140.62KB, Downloaded 1369 times)
Re: Which application (software, utility) do I choose for report? [message #468108 is a reply to message #468107] Wed, 28 July 2010 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulvb
SqlPlus would be fine. Just Spool it Smile
Re: Which application (software, utility) do I choose for report? [message #468109 is a reply to message #468108] Wed, 28 July 2010 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
rahulvb wrote on Thu, 29 July 2010 10:26
SqlPlus would be fine. Just Spool it Smile

Of course, SQL*Plus, OEM, Query to stats$..., spool, BUT, you can send the result to DBA(s) or someone can understand whatever in its. V_$session_longops, V_$mystat, V_$, X_$, any script which you choose, but only you or your team can understand. Today you have got a suggestion to make your result in CHARTS, compare it to the other day, you must put your result into a CHART, in which, the A_table was read more than, the X-application put more queue - insert into - A_table more than every day - I make an example. Now, you can not spool the line, bring it into your office, and explain to your boss, he/she does not understand your line, he/she need something easy document to understand by himself.

Thank you for your quick reply!

[Updated on: Wed, 28 July 2010 22:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Which application (software, utility) do I choose for report? [message #468111 is a reply to message #468109] Wed, 28 July 2010 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulvb
1/ Ok In this case you will have to format the output of your SQL Script in such way
that you just copy and paste your output in EXCEL file and rest calculation it will be done.

I know this is bit complicated but this is ONE time job.

2/ You create a table put insert the query output in that table , Access that table in Excel ( Import External data - Database query )
and Build your charts based on that.
what you need to do is refresh. This but easy from above.
Re: Which application (software, utility) do I choose for report? [message #468193 is a reply to message #468107] Thu, 29 July 2010 03:25 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you for your reply!

Previous Topic: Cost of a query
Next Topic: An observation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 10:00:19 CDT 2024