Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » FTP ACTIVITY IN OWB 11g (owb11g-linux red hat)
FTP ACTIVITY IN OWB 11g [message #478512] Sun, 10 October 2010 01:52 Go to next message
sahar_ad
Sad

HI,
I create a process flow and use a ftp activity in it.
My Os is linux .and I want to get some files from a ftp server with win 7 os.
I set my ft activity with this Properties:

Command=/usr/bin/ftp

ParameterList=?"-s:${Task.Input}"?

Script=
open ${Remote.Host}
${Remote.User}
${Remote.Password}
lcd ${Working.RootPath}
cd ${Remote.RootPath}
get test.txt
quit

But I GOT this error:

RPE-02254: For security reasons, activity operator FTP will route the execution through executable proxy {1}.

Anybody knows any solution about it?

Regards,
Sahar
Re: FTP ACTIVITY IN OWB 11g [message #478518 is a reply to message #478512] Sun, 10 October 2010 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Strange. Google returned exactly one (1) result for "RPE-02254" - your message posted above. So, I doubt whether you wrote it correctly. (No luck with "error message text" either). There are certain "RPE" related documents on Metalink, but no RPE-02254 (as far as I could narrow it, there's "RPE-02248: For security reasons, activity operator FTP has been disabled by the DBA" but that's not what you asked).

Being on OWB 11g (is it a new product?), perhaps you could find something in documentation related to your OWB version? Is there Online Help System there? Did you try to search it?

As I don't use OWB, it's probably me not being able to find anything helpful. Or, perhaps you ran into an undiscovered condition? If so, perhaps you could open a SR on Metalink?
Re: FTP ACTIVITY IN OWB 11g [message #478533 is a reply to message #478518] Sun, 10 October 2010 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sahar_ad
sorry but your comment didn't help to me.Please anyone knows about this problem to guide me.

Regards,
Sahar
Re: FTP ACTIVITY IN OWB 11g [message #478758 is a reply to message #478533] Tue, 12 October 2010 07:14 Go to previous message
tahpush

A bit out of my area, can't find any information on the specific error you are getting, as Littlefoot stated.

So verify all your steps from the documentation

Quote:
Use the FTP activity to transfer files from one file location to another based on a script of FTP commands that you provide. The FTP activity is a specialization of the User Defined activity. The difference between these two is that the FTP activity should be configured with the remote file location.

For the process flow to be valid, the FTP commands must involve transferring data either from or to the server with the Control Center Service installed. To move data between two machines, neither of which host the Control Center Service, first transfer the data to the Control Center Service host machine and then transfer the data to the second machine.

Before you design a process flow with an FTP activity, ensure that the sources and destinations have defined locations.

The FTP activity relies on a script of FTP commands that you provide. You have a choice of either writing that script within Warehouse Builder or directing Warehouse Builder to a file containing the script. Choose one of the following methods:

Writing a Script Within Warehouse Builder

Calling a Script Outside of Warehouse Builder

Source
Previous Topic: Use 11.2.0.1 OWB towards 10.2.0.3 source db
Next Topic: Error while deploying mapping within control center
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:24:27 CDT 2024