Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Attribute Dictionary - Apply Changes to Multiple Pages (APEX 4.02.00.07 Oracle 10.2.0.4)
Attribute Dictionary - Apply Changes to Multiple Pages [message #503328] Thu, 14 April 2011 09:30 Go to next message
CajunVarst
Using the Attribute Dictionary, I understand that I can update the values for common attributes....like, if I have a field called ENAME, and it appears on several forms (P1_ENAME, P4_ENAME), I can set the default data in the Attribute Dictionary, then go to each page individually and apply the values in the Attribute Dictionary.

My question is, is there any way to apply these values to multiple pages at one time? So, for instance, if the ENAME field is used on 1000 forms or reports, can I negate having to do the update 1000 times?

Thanks.
Re: Attribute Dictionary - Apply Changes to Multiple Pages [message #504751 is a reply to message #503328] Wed, 27 April 2011 10:22 Go to previous message
CajunVarst
The only resolution that I have seen on this, is what I had initially thought of, is to write a sql script to modify the apex system tables directly.

I cannot do this because of two things:
one:I am no longer in the dba team, so haven't the permission to do this
two: it just isn't a good idea

So, I guess we'll just go with updating page by page and be thankful that it isn't item by item.
Previous Topic: Best way to install APEX v4
Next Topic: Upload csv to DB table using SQL loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:56:20 CDT 2024