Home » Other » Marketplace » Career development , with Oracle experience
Career development , with Oracle experience [message #511845] Wed, 15 June 2011 06:36
Zombie
Well, I'm not quite sure whether this is the right place to put this one. Essentially, I was looking for a place to post career development questions, and couldn't find one.

Right, so I've been an Oracle SCM functional consultant for around 6 years now,from Consultant to Team Lead, and am getting kinda bored with it. More than monotony, the fact that many people all around me have the same profile irritates me like anything. I've always wanted to do something exclusive, but am not sure where to start from. Basically, I want to use these 6 years of experience to get into something niche. It doesn't necessarily have to be entirely technical/functional. or entirely managerial. Can be a bit of both, actually. I've not yet done an MBA, so if doing an MBA helps me in reaching this goal, that's fine with me as well.

In a nutshell, I would like to get into something which the world needs more of, and cannot get in plenty, and at the same time use these 6 years of experience. Doing an MBA was an option, but even post MBA, I would land up with a manager's job, and aren't there millions of managers already around?

Would require pointers from experts, please. I'm from India, if that helps in any way.

thanks!!
Previous Topic: Oracle 11i consultants
Next Topic: Wanted: Senior Oracle OBIEE Developers in Rome
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:28:02 CDT 2024