Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » how to find index to rebuilt (oracle 9i )
how to find index to rebuilt [message #525435] Mon, 03 October 2011 02:11 Go to next message
sathish16787
i am trying to find the index want to rebuild or not
for that i have analysed that index after that i dont know how to calculate the ration could any one help me steps to do calculate the following ratio

Run the ANALYZE INDEX command on the index to validate its structure and then calculate the ratio of LF_BLK_LEN/LF_BLK_LEN+BR_BLK_LEN and if it isn?t near 1.0 (i.e. greater than 0.7 or so) then the index should be rebuilt. Or if the ratio BR_BLK_LEN/ LF_BLK_LEN+BR_BLK_LEN is nearing 0.3.
Re: how to find index to rebuilt [message #525442 is a reply to message #525435] Mon, 03 October 2011 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
i am trying to find the index want to rebuild or not

I have the answer: none.

Quote:
Run the ANALYZE INDEX command on the index to validate its structure and then calculate the ratio of LF_BLK_LEN/LF_BLK_LEN+BR_BLK_LEN and if it isn?t near 1.0 (i.e. greater than 0.7 or so) then the index should be rebuilt. Or if the ratio BR_BLK_LEN/ LF_BLK_LEN+BR_BLK_LEN is nearing 0.3

Bullshit.

Regards
Michel
Re: how to find index to rebuilt [message #525693 is a reply to message #525435] Tue, 04 October 2011 11:40 Go to previous message
LNossov
Your question isn't so easy. There are some different approaches to estimate the indexes. It is also very important to know, what kind of index you have: normal, iot, bitmap. Answer please firstly the following 2 questions:

- are there optimizer statistics for this index?
- what kind of index is it?

Previous Topic: don't know why this baseline doesn't work :/
Next Topic: Very Bad Performance After ReOrg
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:16:03 CDT 2024