Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report Printing Problem (Report Builder 6.0.8.11.3, WinXP.)
icon5.gif  Report Printing Problem [message #533234] Tue, 29 November 2011 00:42 Go to next message
stalin4d
Dear,

I have a Invoice Report, i will give the parameters.

From_Inv_No:
To_Inv_No:
From_Inv_Date:
To_Inv_Date:

so i will give 10 invoices with dates in the above parameters to generate the report, actually the report prints in a pre-printed sheet, well it prints the first page correctly but the second page and continuous pages not printing in the exact pre-printed area. example please see below;

(Page2)

28/11/2011  
           (Preprinted text)INVOICE NO  : 

INVOICE DATE: 

So i like to know how to give spaces between pages actually every pages it should print 3 to 4 inches gap between the first page but it prints just one inch above the preprinted area.
how to make it print without gaps.

Additional Information: Preprinted sheet Height 17 inches.

Paper Layout Width 8.5
Height 12

Character Mode

Report Width 80
Report Height 72

for header section, main and trailer sections above readings only given.

So pls advice how to rectify it.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2011 00:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Report Printing Problem [message #533237 is a reply to message #533234] Tue, 29 November 2011 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't have exact step-by-step instructions, but you might try the following: check how the margins are set and enlarge the bottom one if necessary.

Is the frame "fixed" regarding its vertical elasticity? If not, try to fix it and see what happens.

Did you try to use anchor? Can't tell exactly what object(s) to anchor to what other object(s), but ... maybe it is obvious when you look at it (such as enclosing "invoice no" and "invoice date" fields into a frame and anchor that frame to the parent's frame bottom line).
Re: Report Printing Problem [message #533245 is a reply to message #533237] Tue, 29 November 2011 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stalin4d
As suggested by you i have edited the margin to its below, then
also the frames vertical elasticity as fixed.

but no changes happened.

Well i dont added any anchors to it and only one repeating frame is with that report for all the objects in it.

i have attached it so that you can see what might the cause?
or re-attach me with the changes.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2011 03:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Report Printing Problem [message #534150 is a reply to message #533245] Sat, 03 December 2011 04:55 Go to previous message
cvs_1984

Hello Bhai,

In the Report Frame Select the Main Frame and Repeated of the Layout, then Enlarge upto the End of the Page Size as per your's requirement. Then Set the Repeated frame is Fixed in Horizontal and Vertical.

Check this, it may help you.

Regards,

C V S
Previous Topic: Page Number Change
Next Topic: DESNAME WIDTH too narrow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:31:16 CDT 2024