Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Orracle EBS implementation (oracle EBS R12)
Orracle EBS implementation [message #535990] Sun, 18 December 2011 15:09 Go to next message
oradba123

Hi experts,

our company is going to implement oracle E- Business suite R12 on one of unix flavor eihter Sun solaris or HP-unix or IBM AIX,
so i am searching for which unix flavor is more compatible, less of bugs & bottle necks . i am searching a lot on internet about comparison sheet for R12 implementation on one of unix flavor but i don't get any web site or link which assist us about this, so please any ideas or link quick sharing will be higly appreciated. thanks

Best Regards
Re: Orracle EBS implementation [message #542018 is a reply to message #535990] Fri, 03 February 2012 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanchezdba

Have you guys considered a split implementation? Where your DB would be in a Sun server or HP server and your application will be running on a couple of Linux Servers? I've done multiple implementations and this is by far the one that I see the best performance in. The middle tier runs great in Linux.
Re: Orracle EBS implementation [message #551386 is a reply to message #542018] Tue, 17 April 2012 14:59 Go to previous message
marvSQL
Hi,
my company is currently using oracle E- Business suite 11i on solaris 9(UNIX).
the company is upgrading to oracle E- Business suite R12 on a solaris 9(UNIX).

There is a custom form that compiled perfectly on the existing 11i environment,
but when the form is compiled in the R12 environment it produces an error:

Compiling procedure DISPLAY_ALERT...
Compilation error on procedure DISPLAY_ALERT:
PL/SQL ERROR 201 at line 4, column 4
identifier 'CALL' must be declared
PL/SQL ERROR 0 at line 4, column 4
Statement ignored

the error is caused by CALL in display_alert.The display_alert procedure is:
procedure display_alert(MESSAGE_TEXT in VARCHAR2, ALERT_RESPONSE out VARCHAR2) is
begin
   :GLOBAL.MESSAGE_TEXT := MESSAGE_TEXT;
   call('ALERT',NO_HIDE,DO_REPLACE);
   default_value('N','GLOBAL.ALERT_RESPONSE');
   ALERT_RESPONSE := :GLOBAL.ALERT_RESPONSE;
   erase('GLOBAL.ALERT_RESPONSE');
end;

The procedure CALL was found in a package called 'PACKAGE app_form'. The package is apart of the library APPCORE.pll.
this APPCORE.pll is in the AU_TOP/resource directory on the server.

i modified the code in the display_alert and qualified the 'call' to 'app_form.call' and recompiled it in the R12 environment:
procedure display_alert(MESSAGE_TEXT in VARCHAR2, ALERT_RESPONSE out VARCHAR2) is
begin
   :GLOBAL.MESSAGE_TEXT := MESSAGE_TEXT;
   app_form.call('ALERT',NO_HIDE,DO_REPLACE);
   default_value('N','GLOBAL.ALERT_RESPONSE');
   ALERT_RESPONSE := :GLOBAL.ALERT_RESPONSE;
   erase('GLOBAL.ALERT_RESPONSE');
end;

the form was compiled without any errors!!

my question is...is there an environment variable that i can set so that the form can see the procedure 'CALL' directly instead of referencing it with 'app_form.call' ?

because there seem to be one on the 11i environment that i dont know of

Previous Topic: Table Name ?
Next Topic: custom form attached libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:37:03 CDT 2024