Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer (Oracle EBS 11i)
how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer [message #539213] Thu, 12 January 2012 03:52 Go to next message
arifak
Dear All,

I had a customer in AR. Now I need to create party relationship for this customer with all other AR customers. Is there any way I can do the same.
Creating relationship with each customer one after other is very tedious job. We had more than 5000 customers.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Regards
Re: how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer [message #539220 is a reply to message #539213] Thu, 12 January 2012 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Are you doing this with the hz_relationship_v2pub.create_relationship procedure? It should be straightforward enough to loop through all your customers. What is your code? (And please be sure to format it properly, How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read
Re: how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer [message #539223 is a reply to message #539220] Thu, 12 January 2012 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arifak
No John,

I don't have any procedure with me. Is it possible to do it through the application itself?. Where can I find the procedure
hz_relationship_v2pub.create_relationship. My new customer is ABA.
I need to create relationship for ABA with all other customers

Pls reply
Thanks
Re: how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer [message #539226 is a reply to message #539223] Thu, 12 January 2012 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You need to investigate using the Trading Community Architecture. This is a set of APIs that give a programmatic interface to EBS.
The APIs are not always easy to use: you need to know PL/SQL and the EBS data structures. A developer who hasn't worked with EBS before will take a while to understand what is going on.
Take a look at the docs,
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25516_18/current/html/docset.html
and, if you know PL/SQL, have a go - the TCA guides do include some examples. It shouldn't be a big job. If you want consulting assistance, please send me a PM - my boss does have limits on how much time he lets me give away for free.
Re: how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer [message #539229 is a reply to message #539226] Thu, 12 January 2012 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Here's the exact reference, see chapter 7 page 12 (page 196 of the PDF)

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25516_18/current/acrobat/115hztig.pdf

[update: added the URL. Not much use without that.]

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2012 05:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer [message #539230 is a reply to message #539229] Thu, 12 January 2012 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arifak
Thanks a lot John,

Let me go through the document and will come back to you soon.

Best regards
Re: how to create multiple party relationship in AR for one customer [message #539863 is a reply to message #539230] Thu, 19 January 2012 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arifak
Dear John,

I had reviewed the document and checked the create relationship API thoroughly. Unfortunately this is not the procedure I am looking for. I want to relate my one customer with all other customers. The actual screen is available when we select the <relationships> tab on the standard customer screen.

The field headings available on that form are

--Related Customer--

Name Number Billto Shipto Active reciprocal Type comment

Hope you can help me on the same

Thanks in advance

how to create multiple relationship in AR for one customer [message #539864 is a reply to message #539863] Thu, 19 January 2012 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arifak
Dear John,

I had reviewed the document and checked the create relationship API thoroughly. Unfortunately this is not the procedure I am looking for. I want to relate my one customer with all other customers. The actual screen is available when we select the <relationships> tab on the standard customer screen.

The field headings available on that form are

--Related Customer--

Name Number Billto Shipto Active reciprocal Type comment

Hope you can help me on the same

Thanks in advance
Re: how to create multiple relationship in AR for one customer [message #540011 is a reply to message #539864] Thu, 19 January 2012 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
The API can do all that: you have to write some PL/SQL (or get someone to write it for you.) I don't think it is a big job, but it is beyond the scope of what I can do in a public forum.
Sorry.
Re: how to create multiple relationship in AR for one customer [message #540051 is a reply to message #540011] Thu, 19 January 2012 23:51 Go to previous message
arifak
Thanks John,

I will try to create API.Can you tell me which all tables are effected. Can I find any docs related to this task?

Previous Topic: Please correct the cash account assignment in AR_RECEIPT_API_PUB.Create_Apply_on_acc
Next Topic: Oracle R12 Purchasing- Agreements & Enable All Sites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:28:18 CDT 2024