Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Put Values On Web-Page (10g)
Put Values On Web-Page [message #560781] Tue, 17 July 2012 01:59 Go to next message
mamalik

Dear All,
Our end-user inputs values on web-page fields by seeing data from oracle report. I want to update web-page fields automatically by database procedure. I want to know how can we put a value on web-page field?

Thanks In Advance.
Re: Put Values On Web-Page [message #560825 is a reply to message #560781] Tue, 17 July 2012 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Could you explain it once again, providing some more details?

I think that someone moved your question into the Apex forum (but I'm not sure it really is about the Apex).

So: there are some values in the database. You've written a report that displays these values (PDF, for example). Now, there's that web page which contains some items. User reads the PDF and blindly copies/enters values into these items. Is that right? If so: as you are being very kind and feel sorry for your users to copy values from PDF to web page, you want to do that "automatically". Right? If so, what do you need the report and web page for? Create a procedure which will accept some input parameters, use them in SELECTs WHERE clause and
insert into some_table (col1, col2, ...)
select col_1, col_2 ... 
from some_other_table
where <condition goes here>

If I'm wrong, then you should research how web designers connect their web pages to the database. I don't know anything about it (but someone else might).
Re: Put Values On Web-Page [message #560829 is a reply to message #560825] Tue, 17 July 2012 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamalik

Yes, You have pointed out our problem. Please suggest any solution.

Thanks
Re: Put Values On Web-Page [message #560830 is a reply to message #560829] Tue, 17 July 2012 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamalik

Actually i want to put values on web-page item. I don't want to connect directly database used in web page.

my concer is that a form is opened in my application (Designed in oracle). that form opens a web-page. Now i want to copy current displayed record's item value in some items of web page, to avoid manual entry.

Regards,

Re: Put Values On Web-Page [message #560835 is a reply to message #560830] Tue, 17 July 2012 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, I don't have anything new to add to my previous message. I have never done what you are looking for and have no idea how it might be done.
Re: Put Values On Web-Page [message #560837 is a reply to message #560835] Tue, 17 July 2012 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamalik

I never expect that guru like you may surrender. Sad
Re: Put Values On Web-Page [message #560841 is a reply to message #560837] Tue, 17 July 2012 07:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
a) I'm not a guru
b) There are MANY things I know nothing about. This is one of them (and I have no particular reason to research it at the moment, but you might want to do that).
Previous Topic: Computation
Next Topic: APEX application protection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:14:02 CDT 2024