Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to handle no data found in rdf query- slightly complex requirement (11.5.10.2)
How to handle no data found in rdf query- slightly complex requirement [message #563592] Wed, 15 August 2012 11:15 Go to next message
godfather1000
Gurus - I have a requirement here which I think is a little complex. I have spent a day on it but am unable to get the entire requirement working.

Here is my req - There are 2 columns C1, C2 - both of which capture a different set of values in 2 seperate custom oracle apps forms.

I have a RDF query to get the result set of C1,C2.

When this query does not return any values I need to look in form 2 and handle each value of C1 seperately. I do not know how to achieve this with formula column - since I can perform checks/validations on the data returned by the query using a formula column.

Can some one please advise how to approach this.

thanks in advance
Re: How to handle no data found in rdf query- slightly complex requirement [message #563600 is a reply to message #563592] Wed, 15 August 2012 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure I understood what you are saying. However: "When this query does not return any values" statement made me think that you might try with UNION of 2 SELECT statements: the first one is SELECT you are using now, while the other one would be selecting values from "form 2".

If the above doesn't make much sense, please, explain it once again - screenshot(s) would be fine, to illustrate what you are explaining with words. If you choose to do that, please, don't capture the WHOLE screen (such as desktop, gadgets you might have and stuff) and save files in JPG format.
Re: How to handle no data found in rdf query- slightly complex requirement [message #563602 is a reply to message #563600] Wed, 15 August 2012 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
godfather1000
I got the code working for this requirement. I had to do 2 seperate queries and conditional formatting on one of the queries.thank you for the reply.
Re: How to handle no data found in rdf query- slightly complex requirement [message #563605 is a reply to message #563602] Wed, 15 August 2012 15:32 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Cool; I'm glad you found the way out.
Previous Topic: How to attach excel file as last page of RDF report
Next Topic: Reports are not connecting to the database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:16:51 CDT 2024