Home » Infrastructure » Windows » [Oracle] [ODBC] Error while firing a Query to oracle database
[Oracle] [ODBC] Error while firing a Query to oracle database [message #569742] Wed, 31 October 2012 21:23 Go to next message
ramsgarla
Hi,

I am firing a query against oracle database through one of my webapplication and it's giving an error saying "[oracle] [ODBC] option value changed " error.

This problem occurs only for a particular input.
And if i try the same query using toad, it works perfect.

Any other inputs used to fire the query through my webapplcation works fine.

I am not able to understand what exactly could be the issue.
Attached is the screenshot for the same.
/forum/fa/10481/0/

[mod-edit: image inserted into message body by bb]

[Updated on: Thu, 08 November 2012 14:49] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Oracle] [ODBC] Error while firing a Query to oracle database [message #569743 is a reply to message #569742] Wed, 31 October 2012 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>This problem occurs only for a particular input.
>And if i try the same query using toad, it works perfect.
If the query is correctly processed by Oracle, then why do you think your problem is caused by or related to Oracle?
I suspect problem in web application or ODBC driver.
Re: [Oracle] [ODBC] Error while firing a Query to oracle database [message #569752 is a reply to message #569742] Thu, 01 November 2012 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
A simple Google search on your error (comexception 0x80040e31) gave me in 10 seconds that:
1/ The error is related to "Timeout expired"
2/ Many links on the subjects.

Please DO Google before posting a question.
Please, next time, copy and paste the text in TEXT mode NOT in image.

Regards
Michel
Re: [Oracle] [ODBC] Error while firing a Query to oracle database [message #570169 is a reply to message #569752] Tue, 06 November 2012 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramsgarla
I tried setting the ODBC ConnectionPool Timeout to 1000 seconds, but it didn't help me.

Alteranatively, i set the executiontimeout to "1000" in th web.config, even that didn't help.

Any other suggestions that you can give me to resolve this issue.
Re: [Oracle] [ODBC] Error while firing a Query to oracle database [message #570186 is a reply to message #570169] Tue, 06 November 2012 08:38 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>This problem occurs only for a particular input.
>And if i try the same query using toad, it works perfect.
If the query is correctly processed by Oracle, then why do you think your problem is caused by or related to Oracle?
Previous Topic: Move data from one DB to other without DB link and using dot net
Next Topic: should I get training on microsoft
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:48:15 CDT 2024