Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Complete Newbie (Oracle 11i)
Complete Newbie [message #571789] Fri, 30 November 2012 08:35 Go to next message
ymahmood
Hi,
I am new to oracle and so sorry for the dumb questions. So here goes with my issues:
I need to write an app in vb.net that writes data into INV.MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE.

I have downloaded Oracle Express, installed it, created a test table using Oracle SQL developer, populated data into it etc etc.

I can read data from that table in vb.net using ODP.net, no probs there. From what I understand MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE is a standard table but I can't see it through Oracle SQL Developer. Another question is, what is INV? I understand MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE is the name of the table, but what is INV?

Thanks in advance!!
Re: Complete Newbie [message #571790 is a reply to message #571789] Fri, 30 November 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
From what I understand MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE is a standard table

Not an Oracle one.

Quote:
Another question is, what is INV?

The schema in which the table resides.

Maybe you should have a look at Oracle documentation, you can't work without it; There are several "Getting Started" guide (see list in the left frame).

Regards
Michel

[Edit: typo]

[Updated on: Wed, 05 December 2012 02:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Complete Newbie [message #571983 is a reply to message #571790] Wed, 05 December 2012 01:58 Go to previous message
rleishman
Sounds like you might be working with Oracle Applications.
I think MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE is a table owned by the INV user in Oracle Applications.

What you have done in installing Oracle Express is to create your very own database that has nothing whatsoever to do with Oracle Applications. Rather than connecting to your own private Oracle Express database, you want to connect to the Oracle Application database.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: Attach a URL to AR invoice
Next Topic: Getting current form function name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:07:09 CDT 2024