Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » why do we need x 86 windows explorer when running Oracle web applications on Windows 7 (Oracle 10g 10.1.2.0.2 on windows 7, 64-bit )
why do we need x 86 windows explorer when running Oracle web applications on Windows 7 [message #572227] Fri, 07 December 2012 10:01
aaichah
Hello,
I was able to make my Oracle web applications run on Windows 7, after following these steps;
1- The applications icons have the 'Target pointing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
2- Install Jinitiator 1.3.1.18
3- Copy the file 'jvm.dll' version 6.0.30.5 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.18\bin\hotspot (overwrite the current file)
4- Go to Control Panel JInitiator 1.3.1.18  Basic label add
-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true to Java Runtime Parameters field

My question is, and my manager wants me to not use the internet explorer from C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ but the previous one
we were using with Windows xp C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\
Why do we need to use the x86, and is there a workaround keeping the previous IE and not having to point our new icons to the IE x86

I tried to point the icon to the preious IE8 and when I clicked on the application link in the portal page, a new window open, and it was blank
jinitiator wasn't even provoked

Thank you
Previous Topic: Web Hosting For ADF
Next Topic: Class not found error "QTJAVA"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:44:50 CDT 2024