Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Output not appearing in order when running in concurrent program (Oracle Ebiz R12)
Output not appearing in order when running in concurrent program [message #575421] Wed, 23 January 2013 02:20 Go to next message
acidsneaker
Hi,

I have a problem. I have created a report that will list out details of checks using Report Builder. I use XML Publisher to register a template for the report. When running the program through concurrent request, the output will come in pdf format but are not in order.
I have add 'Order By' statement in my sql scripts in report builder. Its working fine if test in report builder but not in concurrent program.

Hope anybody can shed some light over my problem.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Output not appearing in order when running in concurrent program [message #575423 is a reply to message #575421] Wed, 23 January 2013 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you have groups, check whether "Break order" columns' properties causes what you described.
Re: Output not appearing in order when running in concurrent program [message #575629 is a reply to message #575423] Thu, 24 January 2013 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acidsneaker
Do i need to keep only one break order column to be defined, or do i need to keep all break order columns to be defined to the same break order?
Re: Output not appearing in order when running in concurrent program [message #575643 is a reply to message #575629] Fri, 25 January 2013 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If there's only one group (which is the "default group"), then SELECT statement's ORDER BY clause determines sort order.

If you created additional (break) groups, then that property determines sort order in break groups. In that case (when you have one or more break groups), "Break order" property must be set for at least one column per break group, while none of the columns in the "lowest" (default) group needs to have it set.
Re: Output not appearing in order when running in concurrent program [message #575644 is a reply to message #575643] Fri, 25 January 2013 01:32 Go to previous message
acidsneaker
Thanks.. Will try that.
Previous Topic: Remote program SRPCERC failed with reason
Next Topic: Barcode in reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:27:29 CDT 2024