Home » Other » Client Tools » Unable to see database list in dropdown of pl/sql developer (pl/sql developer)
Unable to see database list in dropdown of pl/sql developer [message #580729] Wed, 27 March 2013 09:40 Go to next message
pavan9999
Hi Everyone,

I installed Oracle 11g client and set the ORACLE_HOME and tns_admin env variables.
I installed the pl/sql developer, but unfortunately after installing , i am unable to see any database details in the drop-down list of pl/sql developer.
Could any one suggest me the necessary steps to follow. Please let me know if you need any further details from me.
Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Pavan
Re: Unable to see database list in dropdown of pl/sql developer [message #580730 is a reply to message #580729] Wed, 27 March 2013 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
If you manually type in a DB name does it connect ok?
Re: Unable to see database list in dropdown of pl/sql developer [message #580731 is a reply to message #580730] Wed, 27 March 2013 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pavan9999
No, i am unable to connect if i tried manually
Re: Unable to see database list in dropdown of pl/sql developer [message #580733 is a reply to message #580731] Wed, 27 March 2013 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>No, i am unable to connect if i tried manually

while above is likely 100% true, it is also 100% devoid of any actionable detail.
what is actual & complete error code & message?

my car won't go.
tell me how to make my car go.

Is DB Server on different system than where PL/SQL Developer was installed?

on DB Server system issue following OS commands

lsnrctl status
lsnrctl service

COPY the results from above then PASTE all back here
Re: Unable to see database list in dropdown of pl/sql developer [message #583360 is a reply to message #580729] Tue, 30 April 2013 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William Robertson
Can you connect with SQL*Plus or anything else?

Can you tnsping the instance?

Can you ping the server?

What connection method are you using?
Re: Unable to see database list in dropdown of pl/sql developer [message #616986 is a reply to message #580729] Mon, 23 June 2014 22:05 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
pavan9999 wrote on Wed, 27 March 2013 20:10
I installed the pl/sql developer, but unfortunately after installing , i am unable to see any database details in the drop-down list of pl/sql developer.
Could any one suggest me the necessary steps to follow.

Hope if not OP, then someone would be helped. Pavan would have surely fixed it.

This is purely an issue with plsql developer tool settings. A very common problem with developers.

Go to,
Tools --> Preferences --> User Interface --> Object Browser --> Default user selection --> <ALL USERS>
Click on APPLY, OK. Close the tool and reopen it. Now on the left pane, you have 2 options, Objects and Files. Select the objects pane, and make sure now you see <ALL USERS> already selected by default. Below that, you see a completely configurable dropdown of object types, make proper selection.

/forum/fa/11978/0/

Regards,
Lalit

Edit : I realize I have misread the question. I thought the database objects list, however OP was talking about the DB list in the login screen.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 June 2014 23:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Hebrew displayed as junk
Next Topic: query for select and update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:48:50 CDT 2024