Home » Other » Client Tools » Compare schemas and database objects using TOAD and SQL Developer (Toad 10.5.0.41 and Oracle sql developer 1.5.5)
Compare schemas and database objects using TOAD and SQL Developer [message #582383] Wed, 17 April 2013 16:10 Go to next message
kalyanz7
Hi All,

My primary objective was to compare objects in schemas in two different databases and find out the differences,
Execute DDL's in the database where objects are missing and syn schemas in two different databases.
So I need to compare schemas in databases. Which tool would be helpful and will be user friendly to make a comparison of database objects existing in schemas in two different databases.
I'd like to see if I can get a list of pro and cons between Toad and SQL Developer for comparing schemas pros and cons.
Could you please also help me on navigation in SQL Developer to compare schemas.

Connect to Source
Connect to Target
Compare schemas with different object types
Find out differences
Generate DDL's for the missing objects or for the objects in difference report
Run them in missing instace(Source/Target)
Make sure both are in sync.

Thanks All
Re: Compare schemas and database objects using TOAD and SQL Developer [message #582384 is a reply to message #582383] Wed, 17 April 2013 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
If the same table name exists within the 2 schemas but same number of columns with differing datatypes,
how to decide which table gets changed to match the other?
Re: Compare schemas and database objects using TOAD and SQL Developer [message #582385 is a reply to message #582383] Wed, 17 April 2013 21:45 Go to previous message
thatjeffsmith

I wrote a tutorial for Oracle Magazine for database copy and database diff
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2012/12-sep/o52sqldev-1735911.html

We've made some enhancements for version 3.2 you can read about here
http://www.thatjeffsmith.com/archive/2012/09/using-database-diff-to-compare-schemas-when-you-dont-have-the-destination-user-password/

Previous Topic: Sql developer startup is slow
Next Topic: How to display chines characters in sql developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:50:24 CDT 2024