Home » Other » Community Hangout » Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-)
Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #590497] Thu, 18 July 2013 15:05 Go to next message
Lalit Kumar B
I am glad to share this with you all that after a long series of interviews over a period of a month, I finally got the offer from Oracle(India pvt. Ltd.). It was always my dream to work with Oracle, and finally the dream has come true. I would be joining somewhere around early November.

It's just been a short time since I have joined Orafaq forum, but it has given me a wonderful opportunity of learning and sharing. I would like to take the opportunity to thank few people who have greatly motivated me with their expertise on the subject and have had a healthy technical discussion with me a couple of times.

Thank you Michel, Cookiemonster, Barbara, Littlefoot, Kevin, pablolee, Solomon. I hope to learn more and more from you folks.

Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #590499 is a reply to message #590497] Thu, 18 July 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Congratulations! What is your new job title and what will you be doing? Will you be a DBA or Developer or consultant or instructor or what?

Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #590502 is a reply to message #590499] Thu, 18 July 2013 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Thank you Barbara!

It is a P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management project(P6 Analytics). I will be working as a Developer for the upcoming releases, as well as, as an Analyst to find the root cause of the current issues faced by customers using the product and provide the best solution.

I also learnt recently that, few customers use the product with SQL server, and Oracle would stop providing support to them, so the next big thing is DB migration from SQL server to Oracle for such customers.

Everything sounds quite interesting, I am new to analytics. Pretty excited!
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #590527 is a reply to message #590502] Fri, 19 July 2013 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Cool /forum/fa/2115/0/
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #590530 is a reply to message #590497] Fri, 19 July 2013 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Congratulations, man. I know nothing about the bit of Oracle you are joining, but if it is like the bits I worked with for few years, I can say that Oracle likes people who show initiative, work hard, can work in teams, and are in love with the technology (which describes me). Find something interests you, work on it in your own time and spread the knowledge to others, and you can push your career in a direction that you will enjoy. Larry knows that people like me (and, I guess, you) want to work for Oracle - and he exploits this shamelessly. But working for him can be a wonderful opportunity to learn and to teach.
I hope you keep contributing here.
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #590537 is a reply to message #590530] Fri, 19 July 2013 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
John Watson -

Completely agree with you sir. Thanks for the motivation. Looking forward for a wonderful journey ahead with Oracle, unfortunately I have to wait 90 more days to serve notice period in my current organization.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 July 2013 03:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #591424 is a reply to message #590530] Sun, 28 July 2013 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
John Watson -

I found few of your books while I was looking at skillbuilders homepage. Anything on the cards for 12c?

Any discount for Oracle employees /forum/fa/1580/0/
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #591432 is a reply to message #591424] Sun, 28 July 2013 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
'Grats Lalit.
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #591532 is a reply to message #591432] Mon, 29 July 2013 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Thanks Pablolee.
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #611883 is a reply to message #591532] Wed, 09 April 2014 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Just wanted to share this good news to all my well wishers and Orafaq folks who have had been in personal touch with me.

As few of you know that I couldn't join Oracle last time due to some unexpected reasons, however, finally Oracle has given me the green flag to join by July '14 as a product developer for their Primavera P6 Analytics product.

I must say that Oracle is not an easy going organization when it comes to salary and compensation, LoL. I didn't know that a full time employment needs several levels of approvals, finally goes to Larry's office for final approval. It's been 8 months that I kept waiting patiently to get this offer. Now I feel ecstatic, a huge relief indeed. It was my passion to work with Oracle. This being a golden opportunity and a turning point in my career. Just need to wait till July mid and I would be an official full time Oracle employee.

Special thanks to Kevin, Barbara and Joy(not mentioning real name Razz ). Thanks folks.
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #611889 is a reply to message #611883] Wed, 09 April 2014 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Congratulations. Now when I need a job at Oracle I have a reference!
Re: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-) [message #611895 is a reply to message #611883] Wed, 09 April 2014 15:48 Go to previous message
John Watson
Well done, man. I hope you find (as I always did) that working with Oracle tech staff is really enjoyable. Somehow, Larry manages to recruit people who have a passion for Oracle technology and if you are one of them, there is no better place to be. Over the last three months, I've been running a series of 12c New Features courses, internal for Oracle EMEA Support staff. It has been great fun working with these people, about fifty of them so far (I hope I helped them learn something; they'll be supporting you right now Smile ) If the work ethic is the same where you are, you can look forward to a non-stop love affair with Oracle technology (good luck to your family Confused )
Previous Topic: Spam on OTN
Next Topic: Unique Oracle DB features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:32:52 CDT 2024