Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Form on SQL query, modify query after form is created (oracle 11g, windows 7)
Form on SQL query, modify query after form is created [message #595289] Mon, 09 September 2013 23:34 Go to next message
SeniorInvissible
I know how to create a form based upon a SQL query but have no idea how to navigate back to the SQL query once the form is created. Could anyone help?
Re: Form on SQL query, modify query after form is created [message #595299 is a reply to message #595289] Tue, 10 September 2013 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That's a good question (and I don't have an answer).

I have never used that form type; tried to create one right now and I'm as puzzled as you are. I have no idea what would be its purpose ... there are no processes, no relation between form items and underlying tables' columns, nothing. Therefore I tried to find what to do with such a form. Documentation says almost nothing ("Creates a form based on the columns returned by a SQL query such as an EQUIJOIN"). I've found questions similar to yours, but there was no answer whatsoever. Unfortunately, I can't assist.

What would you do with such a form, anyway? Or did you just want to see how it looks like?
Re: Form on SQL query, modify query after form is created [message #595300 is a reply to message #595299] Tue, 10 September 2013 00:30 Go to previous message
SeniorInvissible
I was trying to create a report with some data and when a tuple is selected it is displayed in another form as a sub-exercise for one of my classes before I start the master-detail form. Thanks anyway.
Previous Topic: ORA-01403: no data found, error unable to fetch row
Next Topic: Linking two reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:32:17 CDT 2024