Home » Other » Community Hangout » Unique Oracle DB features
Unique Oracle DB features [message #612477] Sat, 19 April 2014 09:31
Lalit Kumar B
What makes the Oracle DB most popular among all other DB technologies that most DB users prefer Oracle?

Let's find out the unique features that only Oracle provides and none other DB vendors have had implemented. I know most of us in OraFAQ have had worked mostly on Oracle DB and that very few people might have had worked on multiple DB technologies. However, we could at least comment on such features which we practically think that makes Oracle such a reliable DB technology.

While technical features is all about the robustness of the product, however, there are so many other aspects to make a product available to the users. So, here comes business strategy. Some of you might also have knowledge about Oracle's marleting strategies to keep it's products well known. Please do share that too.

Regards,
Lalit

The reason that I have included the marketing strategy in the topic is that, I have seen few Oracle gurus who have moved into management space to publicize the Oracle products, might be it was their leadershiw management's call to do so. Therefore, such senior folks would have some important points to share about why Oracle is the best DB technology in the world.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 April 2014 12:09] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Got offer letter from Oracle - accepted it :-)
Next Topic: DB-Engines Ranking: Oracle RDBMS the most popular product - 04.2014
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:04:27 CDT 2024