Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients (R12)
Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients [message #626233] Thu, 23 October 2014 02:54 Go to next message
harishk
Hello friends,

Can someone share the list of Oracle EBS clients in UAE & Oman. Will appreciate any info in this regard.

Cheers
Harish K
Re: Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients [message #626240 is a reply to message #626233] Thu, 23 October 2014 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Information such as this would usually be considered confidential.
Re: Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients [message #626241 is a reply to message #626240] Thu, 23 October 2014 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It would? Why is that so?

I can't remember any more who said that, when or where, but - it was said that - if a company uses SAP, its value is higher then it was when it didn't use SAP. There's that advert, the best run companies run SAP (along with a list of those companies). It seems to me that SAP is proud of having such a list.

Why is it different for Oracle EBS? Is Oracle ashamed of its customers, or what?
Re: Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients [message #626242 is a reply to message #626241] Thu, 23 October 2014 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
SAP may be proud of the list - and it will have gained the permission of those customers to use them as reference sites. Probably by bribing them with specially favourable treatment. Most companies would prefer not to disclose details of their internal operations to the world at large, and they would never let anyone pass out such information without explicit permission.
You could even draw an analogy with an ISP distributing lists of its clients' email addresses.

I notice that you remain anonymous on OraFAQ - though I think I know your real name Smile
Re: Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients [message #626245 is a reply to message #626242] Thu, 23 October 2014 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I still don't understand what harm would it make if I knew that (for example) Emirates run their business on Oracle EBS. If I were a hacker, I guess that finding out software name would be the least of my problems.

As of my real name, 98% of OraFAQ would have problems in interpreting šs and ćs in it.
Re: Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients [message #626246 is a reply to message #626245] Thu, 23 October 2014 08:14 Go to previous message
John Watson
Yes, I am OK with umlauts but not those things. I see that they look correct in your credit in our favourite recently published book. Congratulations to the type setter!
Previous Topic: Compiler error in AM of OAF Page
Next Topic: Troubleshooting EBS middle-tier server crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:20:58 CDT 2024