Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Any good Way to get dNFS IOPS? (11.2.0.3 / CentOS 6)
Any good Way to get dNFS IOPS? [message #643657] Thu, 15 October 2015 03:06 Go to next message
ThomasG
Hello,

Since we just set up a new "unified" storage, I try to do some statistics how many IOs are generated by my databases. (Connected via direct NFS.)

The basic information seems to be in the v$dnfs_stats dictionary view, with a "little caveat".

Basically I can just select the sum of NFS_READ and NFS_WRITE from v$dnfs_stats, wait "a while", select again and can calculate the IOs per second based on the difference of the two values and the elapse time. The way this example script by Glenn Fawcett works.

But sometimes the "sum of NFS_READ and NFS_WRITE" shrinks between the to selects. The way I suspect that happens is that when a process that was represented in v$dnfs_stats during the first select (and had already accumulated some IOs) was finished by the time of the second select, and no longer present in v$dnfs_stats. In the same way all IOs for processes that connect/disconnect during the wait period are represented in the value I get.

Has anybody come across a better way to monitor dNFS operations from the database side? Unfortunately my Googling skills seem to have left me in that regard. ;-P
Re: Any good Way to get dNFS IOPS? [message #643658 is a reply to message #643657] Thu, 15 October 2015 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
If the entire database is on NFS, would the usual statistics for physical IO not give you what you need?
Re: Any good Way to get dNFS IOPS? [message #643660 is a reply to message #643658] Thu, 15 October 2015 03:28 Go to previous message
ThomasG
John Watson wrote on Thu, 15 October 2015 10:17
If the entire database is on NFS, would the usual statistics for physical IO not give you what you need?

Duh. /forum/fa/917/0/

It's true what they say about a "second set of eyes which easily spot the obvious that evades us". Thanks for the reminder.
Previous Topic: Can we manually assign certain query transaction between RAC nodes ?
Next Topic: Facing performance issues in simple insert statement from Oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:18:15 CDT 2024