Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Create new record after validate list_item (forms 6i ,windows7)
icon4.gif  Create new record after validate list_item [message #663988] Sat, 01 July 2017 02:30 Go to next message
ahmedcse
Hi All,
Kindly help me to trigger creating new record after validate a list_item (after key board leave it)
when I add a when_validate_item or post_change triggers and write on it only the code
" create_record; "
it gives an error that it is not allowed there!
and when I make same code in a when_new_item_instance it creates a new record even if the list not changed !
your help is appreciated !
Re: Create new record after validate list_item [message #663989 is a reply to message #663988] Sat, 01 July 2017 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The best option (in my opinion) is to do nothing. Use WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM for validation. If you want to create a new record, just navigate to the next record (key down on the keyboard, or use Forms toolbar).

You could do what you want in KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger, but it'll fire if you leave that item using the keyboard. Won't fire if you navigate out of it using a mouse.
Re: Create new record after validate list_item [message #663990 is a reply to message #663989] Sat, 01 July 2017 06:01 Go to previous message
ahmedcse
Thank you for your help ! it works !!
Previous Topic: How the Trigger Post-Change
Next Topic: client_ole2 Outlook format text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:20:08 CDT 2024