Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Storing of an image into chart of products entry form in BLOB column of products table. (topics merged)
Storing of an image into chart of products entry form in BLOB column of products table. (topics merged) [message #665728] Tue, 19 September 2017 00:38 Go to next message
adil shakeel
Hi all,

I have designed a chart of products form in tabular form.
I has two columns.
First = product_name (varchar2(20)) 2nd = product_pic (Blob)

Then I put a trigger in the product name column onto key TRIGGER = next item & ALSO IN trigger post change, so that when user press enter from the First column "product_name" then the image according to the same name of the product is shown into the next Product_pic column. Then I press save button.
form saves data all correctly.
But when I reopen that form then The image does not show onto the form against the product name.
I means the image was not actually saved into database.

I did not understand why its happening, why image is not being stored into that form nor into database.
I have also checked that whether if it has been marked as product_pic to be database item = no , but there is no issue.
It was also ok.

I have forms builders and oracle installed onto that PC.

Whether I am required to install someother oracle software for this task, so that Image is to be stored in the database?

Please guide me.

Re: Storing of an image into chart of products entry form in BLOB column of products table. [message #665729 is a reply to message #665728] Tue, 19 September 2017 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil shakeel
the trigger which i used in the product_name column was using command of read_image_file
The trigger reads the image according to the product name from the specified location and shows into the product_pic column but it s not been stored into the database.

Please guide me
Re: Storing of an image into chart of products entry form in BLOB column of products table. (topics merged) [message #665756 is a reply to message #665728] Wed, 20 September 2017 01:30 Go to previous message
John Watson
I've merged your duplicate topic into the original topic, in the Forms forum.
Previous Topic: Create Flexible Field in Form
Next Topic: oracle forms 6i running show in windows 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:39:20 CDT 2024